WHO and Ukraine
March 3, 2014
Leprosy. In control. http://www.smhf.or.jp/e/ambassador/057_06.html
Rabies: epicentrum, but begins to be under controll in near future.( http://www.fao.org/docs/eims/upload/299085/an330e00.pdf)
9-11-2013–Ms Zsuzsanna Jakab, WHO Regional Director for Europe, met with Dr Raisa Bogatyreva, Minister of Health of Ukraine, to discuss
- the most important areas of cooperation between Ukraine and WHO/Europe in the coming biennium.
- Topics included intensifying polio and other immunization coverage,
- tuberculosis, prevention,
Tuberculosis incidence per 100000 (2011) 75
- treatment and care of HIV/AIDS ( The rate of newly diagnosed HIV infections in 2011 was 38 per 100 000 population, which is one of the highest rates in the region).
- noncommunicable diseases as well as
- needed steps to upgrade access to quality health services.